Contact Info

What Happens if You Neglect Estate Planning?

There is an old adage that says “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”

In California, if you die or become incapacitated without a Will or a Living Trust, you are said to have died “intestate” and your estate is subject to Probate Administration.

Without having a Will or Living Trust in place, your estate will pass to your heirs, as determined by California law (intestate succession); which might not be in accordance with your wishes.

Thus, depending on the size of your estate, you should have a Will or a Living Trust prepared. You should also designate the person who, in the event of your incapacity, will have the responsibility for the management of your assets and your care, including the authority to make health care decisions on your behalf (these two designations are included in Living Trusts prepared by our office).

Contact our offices today at 916.422.1446916.422.1446 to begin your estate planning process.
To begin your actual estate planning process, contact the Law Offices of DeLonda K. Coleman at 916.422.1446916.422.1446.

Leave a Reply

Where Family Matters!